Friday 17/18

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7321 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Hello, dear friends.
I don‘t know I use our old or new forum 
A few sentences about my summer.
This year I had untypical summer. It wasn‘t important for me to plan trips, gardening or camping. I understood I must change a few areas of my life.
Yesterday my friend suggested to write English test and to have certificate with English level.
I want to do it in spring. So, I dicided to repeat all English grammar and as soon as possible to start learning new foreign language.Maybe it‘ll be after this test.

untypical = unusual - neįprasta
This year I had an unusual summer. I didn't care about planning trips, gardening or camping, I realised I must change a few areas in my life...
...So, I decided to revise all English grammar and as soon as possible to start learning a new foreign language.

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7337 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
In August I had two weeks on holidays. It wasn't special holidays.I and my familly were in Latvia to the seaside.I sunbathed and swam in the sea. At home I worked in my garden, I loved nature.In the evenings I walked with my dog near the river.Sometimes I ridden a bike.I met with my friend It was the first holidays when I didn't go on the trip.

In August I had two weeks of (kilmininko linksnis) holidays. It wasn't special holidays.I and my familly were in Latvia at the seaside.I sunbathed and swam in the sea. At home I worked in my garden, I love nature.In the evenings I walked with my dog near the river.Sometimes I rode [roud] a bike.I met with my friend It was the first holidays when I didn't go on the trip.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7338 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Hello,i spend summer in mine town.most of all i was in the nature,was at the lake .i was swimming,burned. I drove with a bicycle around town and sometimes was fishing.

Hello,I spent summer in my town.most of all I was in the nature, I was at the lake .I was swimming, sunbathing [san-bei-th-ing] . I drove my bicycle around the town and sometimes I was fishing.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7342 nuo diana
diana replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Hello,
I am a newbie. This summer I was in Palanga for three days. I was sailing with a ferry to Nida. I visited the Parnidis sand dune, from which very beautiful saw the Baltic sea, Nida and forest. July I meet with my friends. We rode bikes and well spent the summer time.

I was sailing on a ferry to Nida... We rode bikes and spent the summer time well.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7343 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: Friday 17/18
My summer holidays
During this period of time i was in charge of two big alcohol free festivals. The first one was called "VAROM" it was held in Pabrade near lake Pailgis. The second was called "MASTERS OF CALM". The main purpose of these festivals was to show everybody how people can enjoy theyre time without drinking alcoholic beverages and using drugs.
After that I celebrated my birthday on the 7th of August near Baltic sea.
After all this time all I want to say is that i really need a vacation :)
P.s. I really missed English and all of you ;) See you soon
Simona Pyragyte

.... I was in charge.... how people can enjoy their time... near the Baltic Sea.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7345 nuo Violeta
Violeta replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Hello,
This summer I had a vacation for two weeks in July. Me and my family went to Venspilis. We went by car. The first day we were cycling around the tawn. We wanted to find as much cow as possible. We found about 25 cows. There were many more cows. On other days we sunbathed in the seaside. We had a good time.

....to find as much cows as possible....

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7346 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: Friday 17/18
This year I had my holiday two weeks in Jun and two weeks in July. For first part of the holiday I went to Bulgaria. There I stayed in a hotel room together with my friend Jolanta. Every day we went to the beach, we swam and sunbather. sometimes we visited different places and parks, we walked around our resort. For two weeks in July I and my family travelled around Lithuania. We went to Anykščiai, to Vilnius, to Kaunas, to Palanga. I had a good holiday this summer.:)

This year I had my holiday for two weeks in June and two weeks in July. For the first part of the holiday I went to Bulgaria.... we swam and sunbathed. ..

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7359 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Here's what to do for next Friday:

Go to unit 8C in the Interactive Book and do the exercises.

Don't do the last part. (It will be for the next homework)

Go to the Workbook and do the exercises on page 54 and the start of 55

Don't do exercises 4 and 5, it is for the next time ;)

3. Imagine, you want to rent or to sell your home. Write about it, tell what there is nice, good and worth to pay for :lol:
Try to use 'some' and 'any'

You can answer these questions if you want:
1 Where is your building located? Is it in a city/ town / village?
2 Is it a house or a flat? Is it modern or old?
3 What place is it in? Describe it:
Is it in a center or on the outskirts of the town? Is there quiet or busy with people and trafic? Are there any parks or some other natural attractions? Is there a big garden?
5 What is there near your house? Are there any stations or bus stops near the building? Are there any shops? Does it have parking space?
6 How many rooms are there in your house / flat? What are they? Does the building have central heating? Are there any fireplaces?
7 Are the neighbours nice / friendly / noisy …?

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7365 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I live in a village. It is a quite small house just fifteen minutes drive on the bus from Pasvalys town. My house is over twenty years old. It has a central heating system and the house is very warm. There are some other buildings near my house. Neighbours live there. In front of the house there is a small garden. Behind the house there is a yard. There isn't any place to park cars. There is a garage for a car. There aren't any grasslands behind a roud. Behind the round there are some kitchen-gardens. There is my kitchen-garden too. There aren't any forests near my house. Downstairs, there is a living room, a small dining room, a kitchen and a bethroom. Upstairs, there are two bedrooms. One bedroom has a balkony and a view over the garden.

Wonderful! :woohoo:

a/the road - kelias; a bathroom [ba th rum] - vonios kambarys;
the view - because you explain : over the garden

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7375 nuo Jurate
to refurbish [rifio/r/biš] - atnaujinti ; insulation [insuleišn] - pašiltinimas; a sports ground - sporto aikštė, stadionas; a storage room[storidž rum] - sandėliukas.

I live in a block of flats. The building is old but it is refurbished and has good insulation. It is in the centre of the town, only five minutes walk from the police station and the post office. It is in a peaceful and quiet place of the town with slow trafic streets and a big car park in front.
There is a sports ground next to the building. so it is very convenient for people who like running or exercising outdoors. There's also the only book shop in the town next to the building,
The flat isn't very modern, some furniture is old and the walls need fresh painting, but it is clean, bright and warm. It has two bedrooms, a bathroom, a toilet and a kitchen with a new wonderful cooker which is very good at baking cakes and roasts. There's also a spacious balcony with the view to the car park.
The flat is on the second floor and it has a small storage room in the basement. The neighbours next door are friendly and reliable nice people.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7376 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I live in town Birzai.It is small semi old house.In mine house _ is _ kitchen and 3 rooms.Of course _ is central heating but I don"t have any fireplace.Neighbours are calm.I Don"t have _ garden and _ car park.Near_ is _ bus stop and _ local shop.Town center is only 15 minute to walk.Yet nearby _ is _ old not used railroad.

It's a good account, but there are a lot of missing articles and 'there'.
a semi ; a semi-detached house - pusinis namas;
anglų būdvardžiai eina pagal tokią tvarką: pirmiau savybės, kurios kinta (old, new, lost, favourite...), o tada kurios nekinta (big, small, heavy, wooden, golden, knitted...)
Near = netoli nuo. Nearby = netoliese;
nor = ir, nei (neigiamame sakinyje)

I live in town Birzai.It is an old small semi (arba: an old small semi-detached house) .In mine house there is a kitchen and 3 rooms.Of course there is central heating but I don"t have any fireplace.Neighbours are calm.I Don"t have a garden nor a car park.Nearby there is a bus stop and a local shop.Town center is only 15 minutes to walk.Yet nearby there is an old not used railroad.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7378 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I live in a five-storey building in Pasvalys, in the street Jonishkelio. It’s near town center, only five minutes walk, next to river Levuo, next to _ road, but _ quiet place. Near my building _ is _ litlle shop „Indritus“, we have parking space. My flat is on the fifth floor. There are three sunny rooms in my flat. There is a big balcony. This building have central heating. There are friendly neighbours.

the mistakes:
... but it's a quiet place (veiksnys+tarinys+artikelis)
... a (the) road (reikia artikelio)
Near my building there is a small shop ('little' reiškia 'mažas' pagal amžių) ...
This building has (trečias vns. asmuo - it)

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7379 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I live in a house.It is far from the centre on the outskirts of the towne.Opposite my house there are the alotments.There is busy with people and trafic,because often the people go to the alotments.Near there is a big road to Šiauliai and a detour to Biržai.But on the other side near there are two rivers.Behind the river Lėvuo there is the park.There aren't any shops.The house isn't old.It has two bedrooms with the balconies,a living room,a kitchen.There is a big room for the guests with a windows to the floor.Past which you can see a fir.

near = netoli nuo...;
nearby, near by - netoliese:

Near there is a big road to Šiauliai .... near there are two rivers = Nearby there is a big road to Šiauliai .... near there (= netoli nuo ten) there are two rivers...
... a window to the floor= a window down to the floor (o jei norėtų pasakyti 'iki lubų', būtų 'a window up to the ceiling'

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7382 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: Friday 17/18
House to rent

River view is a small house on the coast of the river Levuo.Just ten minutes from the centre of town.
Downstairs there is a kitchen, a bathrooms and a big living room.
Upstairs there are two bedroom_ and a workroom. _ Bedrooms have small balconies with outdoor furniture. There is a pretty garden and a small kitchen- garden, where you can to plant vegetables.
Home is on the coast of the river , you can to enjoy the river, you can swim and sunbathe in the summer.
There isn't higt traffic. There is very calm.
River view is opposite the bakery, there you can buy fresh buns every morning.

Call to Renata.

Very nice. I would call you for renting :)
River View (nes pavadinimas)
two bedrooms.... The bedrooms (nes jau antrąkart minima)
Home is on the coast =The house is on the coast... (nes 'home' reiškia ' namai', ne 'namas')
... can plant,... can enjoy... (bendratis be dalelytės 'to', nes eina po 'can' )
There isn't heavy/much traffic...

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7385 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I live in a flat near the centre of Pasvalys ( just ten minutes from the centre of town). My flat is in the five storeyed house. I live on the ground floor. My flat is casy and well planned. Around my house there are some many storied houses and _ green lawn. In my flat _ is a kitchen, a bedroom, a bathroom, a toilet, a living room, a daugther's room, a balcony. Nearby my house there is river Lėvuo. I like to swim and to sunbathe in the summer.

...in a five-storey house.... cosy.... some multi-storey houses.... In my flat there is a kitchen... the daugther's room....

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7388 nuo Sia
Sia replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Some years ago in summertime I rented a room in town Palanga. The room was in _ old wooden rest-house. The rest-house was in _ comfortable place , by foots about 6 minutes to the Palangos Vasaros Estrada, about 14 minutes to the sea.
The rest-house was painted in green colour . Around the rest - house there were a lot of trees, next to the door there was a yard . The place was enough quiet, the rest - house was about ten metres from the street. In the nearest street there weren't any shops, but in this street there was a lot of space for parking. The rest - house has two floors, there were a lot of rooms for guests. In _ vestibule there was a televisor. My neighbours were calm.

a resort hotel - poilsio namai
... in an old wooden resort hotel - senuose mediniuose poilsio namuose;
a comfortable place (vieta - skaičiuotina)
The place was quiet enough
by foot - pėsčiomis ; .... to the beach - prie jūros;
In the vestibule=in the lounge, in the hall; ..... a television...

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7390 nuo Jurate
What to do for the next time, October 27?

We are finishing unit 8. We have the revision! [revižn] (pakartojimas)

Do the interactive Reading and Dictation.

a fall [fo:l] - krioklys

Finish Workbook Unit 8C:
do exercises 4 and 5
(please, use the iChecker to listen to Exercise 5)

through the grounds - per valdas (a ground - pagrindas, žemė, užimamas plotas);
banging noises - dundesiai, trenksmai (to bang - trankyti, daužyti)
a housekeeper - ūkvedys
current [karent] - dabartinis, šio momento

Do the test File 8 from iChecker.
Go to the challenge!

How many points did you get? I got 98 points, I did one mistake in the challenge :(

Tell a short story from your life. It can be truth, it can be a lie, it doesn't matter!
:cheer:

I was once in a comic TV show on the channel Tele 3. Do you think I'm lying or telling the truth? :P
It happened about twenty years ago. My friend asked me to accompany her to the filming of the show 'Nosis' (The Nose). She was invited to act in one episode of the show. The filming took place in a block of flats on the outskirts of Vilnius. When we arrived in the flat, we met three comedians of the show. Their names were Cololo, Klarkas and Šapranauskas. During the filming the director of the show asked me to take part in the show too. They put a towel on my head and a long bathrobe over my clothes. I played a silly cheated wife, Cololo played my husband, my friend became my husband's seductrice and Šapranauskas was a nosy neighbour next door. Cololo was very focused [foukast] (susikaupęs) and listened to every director's word. Šapranauskas wasn't serious at all, he had a hidden bottle of vodka somewhere in the flat and started to drink during the filming. The director was very angry with Šapranauskas, he found the hidden bottle and threw it out. When the filming finished, he gave thirty litas to me and my friend. We went to a local supermarket and bought a lot of sweets.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7401 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I think everyone knows a TV show „Golden mind". This is an intellectual game. There you can win a great prize. But my story is about TV show „Yes and No". That was a long time ago. At that time there was an intellectual game „Yes and No". The host TV show was Arūnas Valinskas. I didn't want to win a prize. I just sent them the question. Nobody didn't know the answer. That question was about cereal cultivation... I didn't see that TV game where my question sounded... I worked at the library that day. And the agranomist came to me. He was in that TV show. He didn't know the answer too. Now he wanted to know where I found that question. The question was from a children's book...It's the truth.

... Nobody knew the answer. Anglų kalboje su 'Nobody' ar 'No one' ar 'Nothing' eina teigiamas vieksmažodis
It's the truth ARBA It's true :
truth yra daiktavardis + konkretus atvejis=reikia artikelio 'the';
true - būdvardis (teisinga, tikra), artikelio nereikia. Anglai dažnai sako 'It's true', kaip kad lietuviai sako 'Tai tiesa'

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.422 sekundžių